1979 GS850G Stand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1979 GS850G Stand

I recently acquired a centre stand for my 79 gs850g (with kickstart).After fitting the stand I found when the stand is retracted the foot lever on the stand fouls the pillion footrest in such a manner that the footrest has to be folded up when the stand is retracted.Presumably the stand is from a different year/model 850.I thought about just shortening the foot lever arm so it did not foul the footrest when retracted.However the leverage to lift the bike onto the center stand might be adversely affected.Does anyone have a 79 GS850G(kick start model) with a centre stand fitted and can take a photo thereof??.
    Thanks
    John W

I'll do it later on tonight when I get home from work and try to post it tomorrow if no one else does it first. We're in very different time zones!

Comment

DO you have a 4/1 pipe or stock ?? their is a rubber bumper on the exhaust for the centerstand

Comment

I have a 4/1 exhaust and there is a rubber stop on the underside of the frame.The exhaust pipe runs on the other side of the bike,so I dont think that is the problem?
        Regards
        John W

Comment

Here's a picture of how it works on my '79 850. No exhaust on my bike right now. Hope this helps.

Comment

Thanks Mark,
            I presume with pillion footpeg folded down it just clears the top of the foot lever on the centre stand?.The foot lever on the stand I acquired is much longer than the one on your bike,so i will cut it and have it welded back to give the correct length.
            Regards
            John

Comment

Originally posted by John W
              Thanks Mark,
              I presume with pillion footpeg folded down it just clears the top of the foot lever on the centre stand?.
              John
              Yes, I guess I should have folded it down. It clears no problem.

Comment

Working...
              X