effects on handling -moved-

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

effects on handling -moved-

As the "streetfighter" mod the gs 550 continues, I have a question regarding the effect on handling ride heights have.
    I replaced the stock rear shocks with a longer (Raised the rear about 1.5") progressive spring shocks and plan on lowering the front by about the same. The intent is to give the bike a more forward looking stance. My question is will this slingshot me out of the saddle on a turn or wobble me out at high speeds?

You never know, till you get there. Basically it seems that what you are doing, certainly won't help the handleing. After the changes, gradually try it out, cause you don't know what to expect.

Comment

The bike will turn in quicker like that because your altering your head angle. I lowered my front end 1 inch and it helped alot. however, raising the rear can change things more drasticly, 1.5 inches might be too much. An alternative that would let you keep your new progressives would be to move the lower shock mounts towards the rear axle. that would lower the rear of the bike and look a little racier too. On the other hand, this could all be trash talk and the bike might ride like a dream as is. you'll never know till you try... good luck!

Comment

The bike will turn in quicker like that because your altering your head angle. I lowered my front end 1 inch and it helped alot. however, raising the rear can change things more drasticly, 1.5 inches might be too much. An alternative that would let you keep your new progressives would be to move the lower shock mounts towards the rear axle. that would lower the rear of the bike and look a little racier too. On the other hand, this could all be trash talk and the bike might ride like a dream as is. you'll never know till you try... good luck!

Comment

Working...
        X