carb-needle spacer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

carb-needle spacer

Do any of you mentors know where I can find the little donut-shaped spacers things that sorta act like a "cap" on the needles. They are colored kinda yellow/brown just like the plastic inside the slides.

Orrrr.... is there anyway I can put these CV-carbs back together (and obviously have them work) by substituting something else (washers, etc.) for the cap-spacer. I'm only missing one (how I lost one I'll never know).

Also, where is the best place to find new 0-rings.

Thanks Much for the Input: David

Just found the 0-rings with Robert Barr.

Comment

I'm not sure if I'm quite clear on what you mean but I THINK I've got ya...

I think the doughnut things you're talking about go on the needle under the E clip. You slide the needle into the doughnut and then into the.... the...slider part that moves up and down. I think its called "the vacuum slider thingy". Needle holder? Anyway the needle goes into it and then the three pronged tree on top of that.

Corrections anyone?
      /\/\ac

Comment

Well your sorta right. The donut-thingy goes on the very top of the needle (even above the e-clip). The sequence from top to bottom is:

donut, e-clip, washer and then down in into seat of the slide the donut stabilizes the needle (from the top of the needle) where the yellowish/brownish cone-sorta shaped cap drops into the slide (on the top of the needle).

HEEELLPP!

Comment

They are still available for my 83 GS1100GK from http://www.bikebandit.com try looking up the model yours is (not sure which bike you are working on). The ones for mine run about $3 each and are bb p/n 482028-001 and the way you describe the order of placement is correct.

Comment

Thanks a mighty bunch Dan, that is exactly what I needed. The part is for my 81' GS750L. I'm pretty sure they are the same as yours.

David

Comment

Working...
            X