help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help

ok everyone... I figured out my fuel problem. I am not getting a compression stroke. I get an intake stroke... then the fuel is blown right back out the carb. So I get a suction then it blows back out... Its like the cam isnt closing the valve quick enough. Ive went over clymer's instructions a hundred times... its for a shaft driven model..gs650gl. Everything looks exactly right...any sugguestions?
    -camaroman

You need to do a compression check on all cylinders as a first step to diagnosing your problem. But, if you are correct that the mixture is blowing back out with sufficient volume that you can detect it I'd suspect a significant valve problem/misadjustment on the effected cylinder(s).

Comment

Did you have the cams out?? If you did I would check and make sure that you didn't mix them up. Check the valve clearences. Run a compression test should 100-150 lbs depending on compression ratio All cylinders should be within 20-30lbs of each other

Comment

This may be nuts but the starter is a dc motor and if hooked up backwards will turn in reverse--did you do any wiring work. I dont think the drive would operate in reverse though. I really dont know. This is sointeresting that i couldnt resist getting inon it. Im dying of curiosity

Comment

A starter running in reverse will not turn the motor because the bendix will not engage. Check the timing of the cams and the condition of the valve seating surface if your compression test is low.

Comment

Sounds to me like the cam for the intake side is way out or the exhaust side is not working for some reason which would explain partially why your intake charge is blowing out the intake side after or during compression. A thought.

Jon Kram

81 GS750EX and proud of it!!

Comment

Working...
            X