No announcement yet.

tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Metzeler ME33/55 on my 750. No complaints. ME33 on the front of my EZ and a burnt out Avon AM21 Roadrunner on the rear. A new Metzeler ME55 will be going on the rear this spring.

Seriously, I'm no judge of tires. I could run Inoues and not tell the difference. I am told Metzelers are one of the best, so why not? Tires are important.
    Kevin
    E-Bay: gsmcyclenut
    "Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff." Frank Zappa

1978 GS750(x2 "projects"), 1983 GS1100ED (slowly becoming a parts bike), 1982 GS1100EZ,
    Now joined the 21st century, 2013 Yamaha XTZ1200 Super Tenere.

Comment

"My idea was to run the ME-33 with a 140/3.5in rear radial tire. "...........Exactly what I'm running. It works fine. :-)

Earl

Originally posted by oldschoolGS
      Thats good to know. I was thinking of doing that a few years ago before deciding on a complete front end/wheel swap.

My idea was to run the ME-33 with a 140/3.5in rear radial tire. I have been sold on the front Metzeler 120/80VB-16 Comp K for many years, it was a superb front and I have used it over the years with many different bias ply rears.

At that time lots of people had negative opinions about the bias/radial setup, but as far as I could tell, no none had actually tried it.

Again, excellent info. Thanks, Ed.
      Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Working...
      X