Looking for a grommet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for a grommet

Can anyone tell if the grommet that is inside the cover that houses the stator which the stator wires run through is a item that can be purchased at the dealer? The one I have is a little chewed up. This would be for a gs 1100. Or a good fix for the one I have. I am buy one of the stators advertised on this web, and they do not furnish one. Thanks mike

Re: Looking for a grommet

Most likely, you can slice a doughnut off thend of an appropriate size rubber fuel hose for a replacement. Also, Home Depot and Lowes carry rubber grommets in many sizes and styles.

Earl

Originally posted by Prostock1
    Can anyone tell if the grommet that is inside the cover that houses the stator which the stator wires run through is a item that can be purchased at the dealer? The one I have is a little chewed up. This would be for a gs 1100. Or a good fix for the one I have. I am buy one of the stators advertised on this web, and they do not furnish one. Thanks mike
    All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Radio Shack sells assorted grommets in a pack.
      1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
      1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

My spare stator has the gromet, IT IS a molded part of the stator wires
        not available as a seperate parts So you will have to make something. Use some silicon

Comment

Grommets are us

Used them, liked them.

Comment

Working...
          X