engine swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

engine swap

Will a gs1000 or gs1100 engine/trans fit into my 1982 gs550m frame? I can fab mounts and things like that, but will it fit?
    Thanks,
    Matt

One word NO

Comment

Re: engine swap

Originally posted by runrx02
      Will a gs1000 or gs1100 engine/trans fit into my 1982 gs550m frame? I can fab mounts and things like that, but will it fit?
      Thanks,
      Matt

Got the bike and the engine or access to both? Get out the ole tape measure and see.... I'm planning to put a GS700ES engine into a GS550 M Katana frame this winter.

/\/\ac

Comment

how about a 600 bandit motor swap no one seems interested in buying the bike for what i have in it or close to it so it may get that swap later on maybe also the big 150mm wheel change and get that punny little tire off

Comment

Buy a bigger bike if you want more power. The 550's frame, steering head, brakes and suspension would be no match for the extra power and weight of the bigger motor, which would probably make it handle like a pig on stilts. That's if you managed to stuff it all in, in the first place.

Comment

This is really a terrible idea. Even if it handled OK (which it wouldn't), it would LOOK ridiculous. I'm guessing your engine cases would scrape pavement every time you went around a corner.

Comment

ENGINE SWAP

WHY GIVE UP YOUR 6SPD FOR A 5SPD ANYWAY
              MY 85 GS550L RUNS GOOD ENOUGH AS IS
              WHY MESS WITH IT

Comment

Working...
              X