Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

White smoke out of one side of exhaust

Hello,

I recently finished painting my engine and am in the process of getting the bike back together. I figured while I had it disassemble, I would re-sync and re-turn the fuel/air mixture. I set the initial fuel mixture to 1 1/2 turns and bench synced the carbs. Once I got the bike started, the exhaust (1&2) was dumping white smoke. I tried adjusting the fuel mixture of both carbs but I have been unable to totally remove the smoke. Any ideas ? If the carb are not properly synced, can this cause the smoke ?

I have done this more that I care to remember between two bikes, and I never seen this happen.

Thanks,
    Tim

Re: White smoke out of one side of exhaust

Originally posted by gs650rider
    Hello,

I recently finished painting my engine and am in the process of getting the bike back together. I figured while I had it disassemble, I would re-sync and re-turn the fuel/air mixture. I set the initial fuel mixture to 1 1/2 turns and bench synced the carbs. Once I got the bike started, the exhaust (1&2) was dumping white smoke. I tried adjusting the fuel mixture of both carbs but I have been unable to totally remove the smoke. Any ideas ? If the carb are not properly synced, can this cause the smoke ?

I have done this more that I care to remember between two bikes, and I never seen this happen.

Thanks,
    Tim
    White smoke = Condensation ( Goes away )
    or Burning oil ( Several possibilities )

Comment

White smoke indicates a lean burning condition or oil burning.

I would get a plug read on all four cylinders with a new set of plugs first. The plugs will tell you more than anything else will about what is going on.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks,
        Tim
        Found the problem.. It's ever good to have too much oil in the engine.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks,
          Tim
          Found the problem.. It's ever good to have too much oil in the engine.

LOL! At least you found it quick and it was a very minor issue. Good job!

Comment

Working...
          X