2 questions re Goodridge hose and GS450 clutch pushrod seal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 questions re Goodridge hose and GS450 clutch pushrod seal

1) Just bought a Goodridge brake line on eBay for a good price but the pic wasn't so great and when it showed up I was surprised to find it has "AN-3" connectors, not the standard old school banjo-bolt fittings I was expecting. Now what? Get some adapters, or get a different hose? I'm stuck with this one as there were no refunds available from this seller, unless someone wants it. 41.75 in. stainless braided clearcoat line with what look like coax cable connectors on it. I only paid $14 for it shipped so it's not a huge loss...

2) Is it possible to replace the clutch pushrod seal on the GS450 motors without splitting the cases?

Thanks! As always the collective intelligence here is invaluable...

I believe you can get the banjo fittings with AN3 connections. I have seen Russel hoses made up that way. Ray
    "Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded" -Yogi Berra
    GS Valve Shim Club http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=122394
    1978 GS1000EC Back home with DJ
    1979 GS1000SN The new hope
    1986 VFR700F2 Recycled

Comment

In the DennisKirk catalog the GoodRidge fittings are on the same page as the lines. I kinda figured that they would have to both be bought to make 'em work.

I much prefer browsing their catalog vs the website. Seems better (more logically) organized, esp for our ancient machines.

Comment

Thanks guys, I just found some adapters. Would have been nice if the eBay seller, which is a Big Dog bike dealer in UT, would have mentioned that adapters were needed, but that's eBay for you. I like Dennis Kirk but the prices are a little on the steep side.

Comment

See the other post for info on seal

Comment

Working...
          X