Carb Flat O Ring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carb Flat O Ring?

Hi, During cleaning my carbs on my 80, Gs850 I lost a round flat edge rubber "O" ring that seals a section of the float bowl to the carb. Do I actually need this ring?. It doesn't seem to seal anything and there is no orifices to seal around either. Thanks Ted

Can you be more specific? If your talking about the bowl gasket, I'd replace it if it's broken. They're relatively cheap. Try bikebandit.com for some schematics.

Brad tt

Comment

Thanks for asking knotzilla, I've wondered what those little buggers were, for a long time. Surely someone will know.
      1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Are you referring to the small circle that's on the bowl gasket that basically sits outside the bowl when everything's together? If you are, I don't think they serve any purpose, but I left mine in place. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Brad tt

Comment

Not exactly sure what it's function is, my guess is that it seals the carb venturi from the float bowl. Muniki wouldn't have put it their if it was not necessary. Just use a small O ring. If not pm me your add & I will send you one

Comment

If youre referring to what I think you are... :-), its the seal for the choke tube passageway connection.

Earl
            Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

I'm getting a digital camera for Christmas and I''II take a snapsot of the location of the O ring. A picture is worth a thousand words. Thanks Ted

Comment

If you look on the carb cleanup series, pix 076 you can see the plug that blocks the venturi, the O ring goes between the plug & the gasket
                Sealing the venturi plug

Comment

Was there a purpose originally for having a passage way to the venturi from the float bowl and now Mikuni modified the carb and plugged that passage way? Thanks Ted

Comment

I would assume it was just for mfg reasons

Comment

Working...
                    X