Ikon Shocks - Wicked price

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ikon Shocks - Wicked price

Hey folks, I just got an email from an Ikon Supplier in Canada - the price they quoted me was $360.00 Canadian (not including shipping) It seems like a great price so I thought I might share with everyone!

He has none in stock, but is placing an order in January so can bring them in then. I think I will likely order a set as I have been looking at progressives, but with that price they are not that far apart on the bottom line.

If your looking for a set you might want to contact him soon.

The contact info is:

Columbia Car & Cycle
    357 Shakespeare Ave
    Nakusp, Vogiro BC
    P: 250 265 4502
    F: 250 265 4502
    E: laverda@lightspeed.ca

ikon shocks-wicked price

I just received my ikon shocks with the chrome springs and chrome shrouds.total price including,taxes and shipping 387.34 gsk 1984. this guy is a very honest person to deal with.

Comment

you can get the progressive series 12 shocks and springs for $212.50US, or $249.34Canadian.
      that is at todays exchange rate and on bike bandit.

Comment

Originally posted by focus frenzy
        you can get the progressive series 12 shocks and springs for $212.50US, or $249.34Canadian.
        that is at todays exchange rate and on bike bandit.
        Yeah, but then it hits international shipping rates, and then brokerage fee and taxes when it comes across the border. Adds up really quickly coming this way.

Plus the IKONS are rebuildable and as I understand it are a superior product.

I very seriously considered the Progressives first, but everything I see points to the IKONS being the better deal in the long run, at least for me.

Comment

Someone else on the forum purchased a set of Ikons, had good reports
          on them

Comment

I bought a set a few years ago. They are great.... Worth every penny!

Comment

Progressive Series 14 progressive shocks are even cheaper at roughly $100-120 a pair and they're extremely better than old mushy shocks.

~Adam

Comment

I bought a pair of IKONs for my Katana 1100 and they're great. Not only adjustable preload (3 positions) but adjustable damping too (4 positions). And fully rebuildable, with all seals & parts readily available from IKON.

For full spec. lists & info. etc. go to http://www.ikonsuspension.com/

Mike.

Comment

Nakusp, BC

I've been thinking of ordering some this spring, maybe I'll contact him while he's doing an order.

BTW, if you ever get the chance to travel to where he is (Nakusp), be aware it's a stunningly beautiful, really inexpensive place with absolutely fabulous riding roads and low traffic volumes. Mountains, lakes, plenty of camping, hot springs, funky old art-colony towns (e.g. New Denver, Nelson), wine tours next valley west, the works.

And fot those so inclined, the collapse of the softwood lumbering industry now means that pot growing is now the major small industry.

Comment

And fot those so inclined, the collapse of the softwood lumbering industry now means that pot growing is now the major small industry.
                    I'm on my way...
                    Currently bikeless
                    '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
                    '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro
                      I'm on my way...
                      for some reason I just was not surprised you responded to that! hehehe

Comment

Originally posted by SqDancerLynn1
                        Someone else on the forum purchased a set of Ikons, had good reports
                        on them
                        I have the ikons on the arse of my GS750B.

I will NEVER ever go backward to a standard gas or oil shock again.

They are just awesome, 3 spring positions, 4 damper positions, awesome, even on our crappy aussie roads!

Comment

I'm on my way...
                          What a shock! (Just trying to keep the thread on subject).

Comment

Originally posted by highmileage
                            I'm on my way...
                            What a shock! (Just trying to keep the thread on subject).
                            OOh highmileage, thats just shocking!

Comment

I'm on my way...
                              Me too \/

Comment

Working...
                              X