77-79 GS seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

77-79 GS seats

Anyone know if the seats from differant model GS fit another. I.e. would the seat from a GS550, 650 or 1000 fit a GS750?
    I have a 77 GS750E and looking for a seat for it. I've seen a few on E-bay but for differant size bikes and was wondering if they were interchangable...

A GS550 seat fits a 750 if they are both 2 valve bikes, I had one on mine. GS1000 seat is different, don't know about the 650...

Comment

Originally posted by robinjo
      A GS550 seat fits a 750 if they are both 2 valve bikes, I had one on mine. GS1000 seat is different, don't know about the 650...
      I was under the impression that the seats were different, but I could be wrong. 750s have a bigger frame than 550/650s. I know for sure that, at least in '79, a 550L seat is totally different from a 750 (non-L).

Comment

I don't know what's your budget, but 750 seats are available new. Alpha Sports lists it at $282 & Cycle-parts has it at $251. Another good option is sargent cycle products. They specialize in motorcycle seat restoration.

Terry

Comment

I just found motorcycleseatcovers.com , they do 750's for $70 and then you replace the cover yourself, even has foam layer to hide defects in original. I am ordering one myself.

Comment

Thanks for the help guys...
            I need a seat pan, mine was a plastic aftermarket and it broke in half. I epoxied it together but don't think it will hold. No sence in putting any money on it, I'd rather start with a good pan or another seat.

Comment

Working...
            X