Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Torn apart GS, warm spell in December. Go figure.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Torn apart GS, warm spell in December. Go figure.

Why the hell didn't anyone tell me there would be a string of 50 degree days in December. I'm standing infront of a pile of GS parts shedding a single tear as bikes motor past my house. Oh well. I'll have her running in a few weeks with a foot of snow on the ground, probably.
    Anyway, thanks to all you brainy folks on the board here. I've learned a ton by checking in every day and just scrolling through posts, and I should have my rebuild complete in a while. I'll post again when it doesn't start, probably. Merry Christmas.

I feel your pain
    2010 Honda VFR1200F
    1983 Suzuki GS750T (sold)
    Being Revisited
    1981 Honda CM400T
    http://www.bikepics.com/members/cloudbreakmd/

Comment

It'll all be worth it in the end, though. Spring isn't that far off and you'll have a great running bike by then. I have the exact problem as you, though. There are a few non-major things I need to do, but I keep holding out for these rare warm days! I can't wait to get a second bike, that way I've got one running bike when it's needed.

Brad tt

Comment

That is one of the reasons I haven't started doing any work as of yet.
        Been out riding too much. 8) 8) 8) 8)
        Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
        2000 Kawasaki Concours
        Please wear ATGATT

Comment

I'm right there with you buddy! And kudos to everyone on the forum. I also have learned a lot just from reading the forum. Thanks everybody!

Comment

I feel your pain..kind of. Thats why I have a couple of extra GS's

Comment

definatly feel your pain....it's been in the 70's here in e-tex and my bike has a dead ignitor. Seems like everybody that owns a bike has been out riding but me...

M.

Comment

I sympathise with you. I was lucky this year as I have my Guzzi to keep me sane. Last year was a different story though I had the same thing happen to me, bike in pieces some really good weather and no bike to ride. I refrained from doing an engine rebuild then, but in hindsight should have continued. Now my GS has been idle for to long. I agree with the sentiments regarding info on this site though. There are some really smart guys here.

Comment

You're not alone brotherl....
                  X-mas eve day was awesome...
                  I heard Vrooom - Vroooom by the house all day......
                  And my 850 is scattered all over the cellar for winter upgrades....

Comment

Working...
                  X