2-Ton Floor Jack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2-Ton Floor Jack

Have you ever used a floor jack to raise your bike ?
    I removed a center stand during a pipe conversion job.
    I miss the convenience of having the bike perched on the center stand while I perform some routine (or not so routine) fixes. :roll:

:roll: Anyway... could I use a regular floor jack if I had too ??

Any special concerns or precautions ??

Thanks folks

Re: 2-Ton Floor Jack

Originally posted by Sebby
    Have you ever used a floor jack to raise your bike ?
    I removed a center stand during a pipe conversion job.
    I miss the convenience of having the bike perched on the center stand while I perform some routine (or not so routine) fixes. :roll:

:roll: Anyway... could I use a regular floor jack if I had too ??

Any special concerns or precautions ??

Thanks folks
    I've used one on many occassions. Use a block of wood between the saddle and engine, if you're jacking on the oil pan.

Comment

Thanks Dan. Is there anyother jacking point?
      Or is the oil pan pretty much it.
      Is there a spot on the frame, infront of the rear tire, a good jacking point ?

Thanks for the block suggestion

Comment

There is no other legitimate lifting point. You cannot balance the bike anywhere else, so anywhere else is asking for trouble. Definitely works...it's all I have ever used.

VERY important that you use a wood cushion to avoid damaging the aluminum parts, and to spread the load, or get yourself a hydraulic bike lift/stand. I have never used one of those, but many people think they are so good they should be considered essential.
        Bertrand Russell: 'Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.'

Comment

I just use a standard car jack, for lifting the front I put the jack underneath the motor and it leans the bike onto its sidestand and rear wheel. For lifting the rear I put the jack under the swingarm and it leans the bike on to the sidestand and front wheel. Never had any problems, I even did it on a slope once and it was still as solid as a rock.

Comment

Thanks for the tips.
            I still miss my center stand...wish I could've worked around the pipe mod.

But atleast I have a good "solid" alternative.

Comment

Working...
            X