Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS750EF - WHat should I look out for and question plz

Godd day all,

I recently bought an '84 GS750EF with 70k kms on it. IT runs beuatifily and looks literally brand new. I had my motercycele mechanic friend look it over from top to bottom and he syas he hasn't seen this old a bike in such good condition in a long time which is great however...

What problems should I look out for?

It has a Yoshimura pipe to give it a few more horses but it is extremly loud, is there another can I can slip on there or some baffles to quiet the sound?

Is there a good place to get a clymer guide or equivelent for this bike?

If you've owned this bike what are your thoughts on this model of bike.

GS750EF is a Canadian model. It has 4 valves per cyclinder and electronic ignition. Basically a gsx-r before the bodywork.

I really like my '83 GS750es and you will enjoy your '84. Do a SEARCH in the forums for info regarding the '83 GS750e and '85 GS700e both are first cousins to your Canadian '84. Just a small correction though, the '84 GS750 is very different from the GSXR series bikes beginning in 85-86. The only manual that is available for the '83-85 GS750/700 bikes is the Factory Service Manual which can be purchased for about $60 from the dealer. You may luck out and find a used one. If you can remove the baffle from your pipe you should be able to repack it to muffle the sound.

Comment

Check the For Sale; parts section of this site. Mr. Skelton has original factory service manuels, for a bunch of different bikes, possibly yours, and much cheeeeper (less expensive) than the dealer price.

Comment

I thought the It was basically a gsxr engine with the 4 valves and air and oil cooling and the TSCC. I thought the GSXR had better carbs and better frame. Guess I'm wrong.

Comment

Does anyone know the horsepower on that puppy?

Comment

Working...
          X