Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DOES FITTING A 3.5 X 17 FRONT WHEEL FIX THE GS1150 WOBBLE ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah your right I dont even know why they even bother putting on the alignment marks on the swinging arms, waste of time, I always get it as close as I can by eye, then take some measurments.

Comment

i added a steering dampner from an o5 busa nwe metzlers shakes and wobbles gone

Comment

It wasnt too hard to fit the 4.5 x 17'' GSXR rear wheel. I had to space the sprocket out on the front a little. ( cant remember exactly how much) The rear sprocket was spaced out with a 6mm alloy plate machined to fit behind the sprocket. This set up works fine so the chain clears the tyre. Its also exactly in line with the front. I always string line my bikes wheels. Im using a 150 tyre by the way. I agree with not using the standard ajuster marks. Theyre a guide only. When I put the front GSXR 17'' wheel in, atleast I can have the bigger brakes that go with it. I only need to machine myself some adapter plates to hold the calipers and spacers fpr the axle as I made for the rear. Fitting the 5.5'' rear on my Katana was one hell of a job in comparison to this one !!!. Thanks for all the advice fellas.

Comment

I used a Katana 750, even though the Katana rear disc was smaller I got away with using the standard EFE rear caliper. caliper hanger and swinging arm,but I had to convert the bike to 530 chain and sprockets. 150 was about as wide as I could get with the standard arm, though I have in my posession a GIXER 1000 rear end and Im thinking of sticking it in my EFE

Comment

Working...
          X