Mislabelled eBay Seat Looks like a GS650E Seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mislabelled eBay Seat Looks like a GS650E Seat

This seat was thoughtfully pointed out to me by BigRed, since he knew my seat was not the greatest. Thanks Amos. It is not a GS550 seat and it looks to both of us like a GS650E seat. Any contrary thoughts to this theory? The seller didn't respond to my email, but it looks good.

Dave

It looks very similar to a 650G seat except for the strap across it. I would ask him to measure the Overall length, width and distance from the latch in back to the front.

At the end of the day it's buyer beare because he probably won't take or want it back. 75 seems high IMHO, 50 is a better price for decent seat nowadays.
    1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
    1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

I agree the price is too high and he did not answer my email, doesn't seem to be a big push on it. I'll probably wait it out. If it is original and very nice it is still at the least 23 years old and even unused vinyl deteriorates. At $50 I would push harder

Comment

You need to look very close at the bottom pix & compare it to yours
        A like new seat pan is worth the money!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

It really looks like mine. The fact that my question has gone unanswered is a bit of a concern, but could be busy or something. I got a couple new pads for mine from the Suzuki dealer. If I can return them I might be more inclined to go for it.

Thanks

Dave

Comment

The seat is relisted as a GS650 seat now probably in response to my letter and he did reply to me just before the bidding ended. The new listing shows the seat is now $65 and despite my wife's ban on any more parts it sure is tempting.

Comment

Dave if it is close enough and the seat pan has different mounting then do what I did. I bid on a later model GSL seat, took off the seat cover and foam and remounted them on my cleaned up and repainted seat pan. All the advantages of a brand new seat for $65 shipped! Best deal I ever got.

Comment

Thanks. I cleaned up my existing pan and welded in a couple of patches, they are not visible from the bottom. The pan looks as good as the picture and since the cover of my existing seat is new with good quality vinyl but somewhat ill fitting I think I can make it work without further agitating the powers that be. It might make a nice seat for someone on this forum.

My cover was cut somewhat large so it is salvageable. My pan looks as good as this one from the bottom now.

Comment

Working...
                X