Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GS850 Cam Chain Tensioner: Same as GS750?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS850 Cam Chain Tensioner: Same as GS750?

I need to replace the Cam Chain Tensioner on my 82 GS850G. Is the GS750
    Tensioner interchangable with GS850?
    thanks,

I'm not certain, but it could work. The early 750 and 850 were mostly the same engine, so it would probably bolt on, but I have no idea if there are differences in details such as tensioner pushrod length, etc.

Have you compared part numbers at Bikebandit.com or your favorite fiche site?

Here are some detailed photos of an 850 tensioner if that would help:
    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

According to BikeBandit they use the same. This is for 2 valve models

Comment

I found non-automatic cam-chain tensioners on cyclewearables.com(I believe), that is a billet block w/ threaded adjuster for like $45US. Claims that since it's not spring-loaded, that it keeps the chain tensioned on deceleration as well as acceleration. Kind of a keep-it-simple thing.
        Has anyone tried something like this? If this is a hi-jack..I apologize, but I think it's supposed to fit all the GS's.
        Hugh

Comment

I have one off a 1980 GS750E I will sell you cheap. PM me and we can discus details if you are interested (I also can email you pics).

Comment

Working...
          X