Interchangeable Fork tubes for a 1982 GS550M

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interchangeable Fork tubes for a 1982 GS550M

What are the interchangable forks can be used to change on a 1982 GS550M. Someone has told me I can get a set off a 1982 GS 750 E. Is this correct?

Here are pictures.

Stock Forks off a 1982 GS550M

The forks I may buy:

Any OPINIONS?

forks

you can cross reference parts # on some years from dealer but more importantly watch out for any rust pitting within the first 3-7 inches above the fork seal dust covers.

Comment

Colin, It looks like the p/ns are different, but that may or may not mean something. Could be the same thing only, detailed measurement will tell you for sure. Good luck. Ray
      "Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded" -Yogi Berra
      GS Valve Shim Club http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=122394
      1978 GS1000EC Back home with DJ
      1979 GS1000SN The new hope
      1986 VFR700F2 Recycled

Comment

This guy on ebay isnt going to give detalied measurements.

What do I need? Outer Diameter, Length, Calliper Location?

Anyone know what bikes were interchangeable with the 1982 GS550M. Nobody here in Toronto canada seems to know. (Dealers)

Comment

bump?

Comment

forks

Looks like answers are not falling as quick as the cocoas,have you tried getting on the phone with multiple salvage yards whether in your area or not? Some of those guys also build from scraps and they might know.Last resort if you must have is take em off and bring em.

Comment

its been a while I still need HELP on this.. ANYONE OUT THERE KNOW? Help.

Comment

Working...
              X