carb question or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

carb question or not?

i have a 1981 gs 850g. It needed its carbs cleaned. i bought on ebay a set of carbs that were cleaned. I am not 100% positive I have put all the hoses as they were but now (with the new carbs in place) it leaks gas when I put the petcock on prime. I have gas running from hoses and he back of the carbs that I did not have with the first set of carbs. The bike runs but floods out after a few minutes.
    I just ordered a manual so I can see where all the hoses go. We are getting great weather here and does anyone know exactly where all the hoses go? I'm sure when the manual arrives, the cold weather will be back again. The petcock has 2, 1 out of that tank as well, 2 out of the carbs. I have hoses running everywhere!
    Before I go taking the rebuilt carbs apart I need to make sure I have the hoses correct. I know these things run on a vacuum, so I am pretty sure the vacume is messed up?
    Help please while it is warm! Thanks!

go to the home page and click on the carb cleanup series.You will find out there.

Comment

If I read your post correctly, try and start the bike with the petcock in the "ON" position. The "PRIME" position is allowing the gas to pour into the carbs, causing them to overflow. You should never run the bike with it in "PRIME" constantly. You may also want to check your oil. Gas could have overflowed into the cylinders and gotten into the oil. Easiest way to check is to remove the filler cap and smell for gas. Also, your oil level will have increased.

Brad tt

Comment

Sounds like floats are set too high or bad o-rings on the float valve seats.

Comment

Thanks

Thank you all very much

Comment

resolved

It ended up being a stuck float.

Comment

Working...
            X