No announcement yet.

running way rich

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Double check those float levels and be SURE you measure from the carb surface (no bowl gasket) to the correct top part of the float body, not the float arm.
    Bench synch the carbs. They should then be vacuum synched. I'll assume all passages are clean.
    Going from 117.5 to 122.5 mains isn't nearly enough for pod filters. I'll bet the jet needle is stock and not shimmed so that will be very lean too.
    If you still have the stock exhaust you can't use a jet kit either with any confidence because stage 3 is for pods and pipe, stage 1 for stock airbox. I suggest 1/3 throttle runs/plug reads to see how the needles are mixing.
    Probably 3 or 4 full sizes up on the mains will get you closer. That would be around 132.5 to 135 mains as a guess.
    But you'll have to find why the plugs were black and wet and no power beyond 1/2 throttle first. That certainly wouldn't be caused by a 122.5 main jet and a lean, stock jet needle position. Who knows though? Maybe someone did shim the needles to richen the mixture and raised them too much.
    Your clean carbs and correct float levels are a good start to getting it right. Be sure of no intake manifold leaks too.
    Sure hope those carbs are stock. If so, we can get it jetted right much more easily.
    And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
    Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

It was one of those days. In the end I did not get an oppurtunty to test out the carbs, despite the best efforts of all concerned. Testing will need to wait until next weekend

Comment

Working...
      X