Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

starting problem

hi
    the battery in my gs 750 83' turns the engine really slow een when the starter motor has bben rebuilt. when i connect it to a car battery of 12 volts but much higher amp the engine turns really really fast.the bike starts instantaniously.is that a problem with the solenoid or the battery (it is new, the battery).would it hurt the bike if i install a car battery permanantly?
    the other thing is that th bike came wuthout an air cleaner from the previous owner.now i cant get hold of a new or usd one as it is an offmarket bike in pakistan.any remedies.
    i just rebuilt it to an oversize and it does not seem to have much torque.
    it starts ok ,runs ok but no torque .any suggestins?

air box and torque

reduce your front gear size or enlarge the rear sprocket toothcount.Ripout the stock carbs and slap in some smoothbores,I have 29's on mine but I feel the 750 motor could handle 32mm.Then put on a good 4-1 exhaust and that should get you started.About the car battery,your gonna burn up your charging system.be careful.Secondly the idea is less wait as possible so you can drink more beers.Out

Comment

The enging may still be tight from the rebuild needing a few miles to loosen up

Comment

Sounds like a bad battery - even new ones can be bad BTW.

You can use a car battery if you like with no ill effects - if you can mount it.

No torque? Hard to say. Check the compression. Did you clean and sync the carbs?

Comment

Working...
        X