rreplcae bearing of transmission gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rreplcae bearing of transmission gear

I want to repalce the bearing of the transmission gear og gs1100(16V).
    I get NSK bearings from local bearing shop, the size and the groove are the same, but it does not have the small locking pinin stalled on its out surface as the stock suzuki beraing have.

Do I need install this small pin back by some machine company, or I just can use these new NSK bearing without the pin?
    Or I must buy new bearing from suzuki???

I would use a bearing with a pin. Get the correct bearing. You don't have to buy it from Suzuki, a good bearing supplier should have the correct one.

Comment

bearings

You need that pin in there as there is a lot of load on the transmission and the case are not bolted together that tight. About 10lbs per inch execpt for crank and the bolt behind the front sproket.

Comment

Thanks for all informations input.

checked all bearing supplier, they do not have the locking pin with the bearing. It is either do it by youself or buy it from suzuki.

If do it by yourself, someone told me it is very difficult to drill with a small hole on the bearing case and you must use a very expensive drill bit - it is called diamond type. I think I will try it as suzuki bearing is 4 to 5 times expensive than the local dealer. and laos the suzuki bearing are Toyo band, it is not as good as NSK, SKF or *@%^$*@%^$*@%^$ bearing.

Will tell the result later.

Comment

stop

good luck on drilling the brittle bearings

Comment

After you distroy the new bearing you will be wishing you bought the Suzuki bearing DON"T try it yourself take it to a maching shop & ask them if they can do it & how much???
            IF NOT done right you could be looking for a new engine

Comment

Working...
            X