Putting a bigger engine into an 82 GS650 GL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Putting a bigger engine into an 82 GS650 GL

I was curious as to if i could put a larger engine in the frame of my 82 650GL without any frame modification?

I dont know if you can do that.but there is plenty of guys on here that do!Welcome to the forum and good luck with your bike.I also live in kc and have an 83 650L.Its warm today so im going riding all afternoon.For bike information you came to the best sight on the web!If ya need help with anything let me know.Maybe we can get toghether if ya live close.

Comment

Thanks for the welcome, the GS will be down for quite awhile, so right now i'm spending times on dads harley for my riding time haha. I got the GS about 2 years ago for learning to ride, it was a nice bike but always ran funky, needs new ignition coils, paint was shot on it, so about a week ago we decided to go ahead and strip it down, see if we could put a bigger engine in it and repaint it.

Comment

You are out of luck. A 650 shaftie is of the smaller frame & an 850 motor will not fit

Comment

well dang thanks for the info, maybe i'll just try and find a bigger bike for sell in the area haha.

Comment

Working...
          X