NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Well fellas, I screwed up. I had already successfully disassembled, cleaned, and reassembled three carbs. Then, last night, I was in a hurry to get the last one disassembled in in the dip. This morning I got up and pulled the parts out of the dip. Along with all my clean shiny metal bits, was my now severely swollen jet pilot plug. Apparently in my late night stupor, I tossed it in the dip with everything else. It is no longer useable. Does anybody happen to have one sitting around that I can have? Is there any place where I can buy a new one, or do I have to buy an entire carb rebuild kit for the one part? I already bought a set of o-rings, it would stink if I now had to by a whole rebuild kit. Please help. Thanks.

It looks like the plug you need is still available from Suzuki. Go to http://www.alpha-sports.com/suzuki_parts.htm & look up your year & model bike. I think the plug you want is part number 39 in the carb diagram.

Terry

Comment

I saw that. They require a $25 minimum order. I'll have to go by the local store and see if I can get it there. Thank you.

Comment

Just the bottom plug for the pilot jet port? Whittle one out of cedar. I used wood plugs for a few years.
        Currently bikeless
        '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
        '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Are these what you are looking for?

Get them now while they are only $9 USD!

Comment

Wolfie,

You can buy those plugs at any suzuki dealer. I just bought one for my #4 carb a few weeks ago. I think it cost a couple of bucks (rip off of course).

Use humhead's link to Alpha sports, get the part # and call your dealer. IF the dealer has a minimum credit card order, drop by and pay cash.

-j
            16 KTM 1290 Super Duke GT with 175hp stock, no upgrades required...
            13 Yamaha WR450 with FMF pipe, Baja Designs street legal kit
            78 GS750E finely tuned with:

78 KZ1000 in pieces with:
            Rust, new ignition, burnt valves and CLEAN carbs!

History book:
            02 GSF1200S Bandit (it was awesome)
            12 Aprilia Shiver 750
            82 GS1100G

83 Kaw 440LTD

Comment

If they are CV carbs, e-mail your address and I will send you one or two, I have a set of 3 CV carbs stripped down. Phil.

Comment

Thank you Phil. I just e-mailed you my address. I would have gone by the dealership today, but they were closed.

Comment

any good chance it will dry and shrink back?? those are some pretty volatile solvents...?

Comment

Z1 Enterprises specializes in quality Motorcycle parts for Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Yamaha Classic Japanese motorcycles from the 1970's and 1980's.

If you can't find just one, we sell a pack of 4.

Comment

Working...
                    X