Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carbs off ebay are not like the ones on my bike?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pics of carb #2 after cleaning:

[img]
    http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c303/gwhunran/2carbslideandneedle.jpg[/img]

Carb number three pics coming soon.

Richard

Comment

Somehow screwed the pics up on the last post. Posting pic of slide on #2 carb now:

Comment

Carb three pics: I am having trouble with photo bucket now. I have about 17 pics there and I am getting a memory problem at their site. Could I be over the free limit?

I will try posting the bottom view and slide needle pics whenever I get photobucket to work right again.

Richard

Comment

Carb three pics of bottom and Slide/needle:

I will try and get pics of carb four up tonight if possible.

Richard

Comment

Carb four pics and rack:

number 4 carb missing bottom gasket, most gaskets on all four in bad shape, all o-rings need replacing.

Richard

Comment

I can appreciate the effort and though these carbs have many differences from your stockers, you're learning.
              As I've tried to say before, these carbs have water corrosion damage. They have pitting. The internal passages you can't see will be damaged too. Fuel will not flow correctly, nor will air. O-rings won't be able to seal without a smooth surface. I doubt the moving parts operate the way they should. You could replace all kinds of parts but the bodies still are damaged.....
              My experience says these are only good for a part here or there. I'd never install them and try to tune them.
              Just thought I'd say that one more time. :roll:
              And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
              Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

I am not sure what flavor of VM carbs they are but they are not smoothbores. After seeing those pics I am sure of that now.

Comment

You're right Mark. Not smoothbores. Different intake, etc.
                  Doesn't matter because they should not be used for anything but a part here or there. You can see water damage everywhere. I can see water signs everywhere.
                  And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
                  Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Those are VMSS slides too. Smoothbore slides are nothing like that. They are weird animals that is for sure.

Comment

Looking closer it appears they put caps from smoothbore carbs onto regular VMs?

Comment

Working...
                      X