No announcement yet.

Longer shocks - '83 GS1100ED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sorry Jon, I should have said that $250 is for a pair of Series 12 with springs installed at CycleRecycle2. It's actually $245, per my notes.

~Adam

Comment

Adam,

My post for $190 included the shocks and springs for a set of 12 series.

-J
      16 KTM 1290 Super Duke GT with 175hp stock, no upgrades required...
      13 Yamaha WR450 with FMF pipe, Baja Designs street legal kit
      78 GS750E finely tuned with:

78 KZ1000 in pieces with:
      Rust, new ignition, burnt valves and CLEAN carbs!

History book:
      02 GSF1200S Bandit (it was awesome)
      12 Aprilia Shiver 750
      82 GS1100G

83 Kaw 440LTD

Comment

nice pimpin shocks joe, wish i had a pair..... installed on my bike.

did the extra length make any noticeable changes when installing? are your the same length as mine?

don't worry i should have all my stuff ready by riding time, my name isn't domino

-ryan
        78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
        82 Kat 1000 Project
        05 CRF450x
        10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

Originally posted by first timer
          nice pimpin shocks joe, wish i had a pair..... installed on my bike.

did the extra length make any noticeable changes when installing? are your the same length as mine?

don't worry i should have all my stuff ready by riding time, my name isn't domino

-ryan
          Yes, it did make noticeable differences. You can see that the tail sits higher. The chain got noticeably looser due to the increased swing of the swingarm. It practically jumps onto the centerstand by itself.

I'll believe both you and Domino when I see you both out riding!

Joe
          IBA# 24077
          '15 BMW R1200GS Adventure
          '07 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
          '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

Comment

I'll believe both you and Domino when I see you both out riding!
            Maybe you slackers can come ride down here in NC!

Comment

Originally posted by AOD
              Been there, done that..........North Carolina and thirty-six other states. Also seven Canadien provinces.................Quite the slacker I am.

Maybe we'll put our bikes on trailers and DRIVE down there like you would.............

Joe "Slacker" Nardy
              IBA# 24077
              '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

Comment

Originally posted by AOD
                i have it worked in my schedule, so hopfully it all works out.

-ryan
                78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
                82 Kat 1000 Project
                05 CRF450x
                10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

Yay!!!

Comment

Oh...and Joe, you're not the slacker. I quoted YOU originally...and added the word slacker for Ryan and Dom! Of course I was kidding around...

Comment

Originally posted by AOD
                      Oh...and Joe, you're not the slacker. I quoted YOU originally...and added the word slacker for Ryan and Dom! Of course I was kidding around...
                      I know that.................Ryan and Dom Who? \\/

Joe
                      IBA# 24077
                      '08 Yamaha WR250R

Comment

Of course you won't retract your trailer statement! [-( =;

Comment

Originally posted by AOD
                          Of course you won't retract your trailer statement! [-( =;
                          Of course not. I know it is an ongoing argument but I would rather ride than trailer. Boring highway or not, riding is ALWAYS more enjoyable than driving. But that's just me.................

Joe
                          IBA# 24077
                          '08 Yamaha WR250R

Comment

I generally prefer riding, but had good reason to trailer down to the Ozarks last year ... and it's a good thing I did -- wound up hauling Dave's bike and all his stuff (and his son) back to Galesburg after their pickup was totalled...

BTW, regarding Jon's post on saving money at MAW, no matter how much you might potentially save in $$ it is NEVER worth doing business with those jerkoffs!! Please avoid MAW like the plague that they are -- several of us GS'rs have had VERY bad experiences with them, and they just don't care about their customers!!!

Regards,

Comment

Originally posted by first timer
                              ....my name isn't domino....
                              ...but if it was you would be at work now instead of riding the dragon...

Comment

Working...
                              X