New Bars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Bars?

hey guys, I'm thinking about replacing the stock handlebars on my 83 GS650E for something a bit more comfortable at the wrists. I was wondering if any of you guys had any pics/advice on changing the bars? I REALLY do not want to have to get new cables etc. to do the switch I just want to be able to unbolt stuff, and then bolt the new ones on. Any suggestions? I'm also having a problem after replacing the valve cover seal. One of those damned cresent shaped plugs is leaking and it really *@%^$*@%^$*@%^$*@%^$es me off, any way to fix that without tearing off the valve cover again? I already broke one of those little chrome caps that cover them on the otherside of the motor trying to get the valve cover off when I replaced the gasket. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks guys!

You will find that the general concensus is "superbike" bars. They have to be the best bar you can possibly put on one of these machines. I love mine to death.

Unfortunatly I do not have any pics as of yet, however I am sure many others on here have pics of their superbike bars.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Daniel
      http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...ic.php?t=43338

You will find that the general concensus is "superbike" bars. They have to be the best bar you can possibly put on one of these machines. I love mine to death.

Unfortunatly I do not have any pics as of yet, however I am sure many others on here have pics of their superbike bars.

Hope this helps.
      Ditto that. I love mine too.
      You, can't tell much from these pics but...The only thing I had to change was: I "flipped" My brake over on the master cyl to make it clear the gauges.

Comment

awesome!

Thanks guys! Much appreciated!

Comment

Hey 8trackmind....I love your bike, but whats up with your lawn 8O

Comment

Originally posted by beby99
            Hey 8trackmind....I love your bike, but whats up with your lawn 8O
            Bermuda grass is a warm climate grass. It goes dormant in the fall when the temp drops under 50.
            You guys don't have grass up there???

Comment

Hehehe....yea but its green year round.....and so is everything else :roll:

Comment

Originally posted by beby99
                Hehehe....yea but its green year round.....and so is everything else :roll:
                No fall, No spring, Lots of rain...How do you folks live up there?

Comment

Ssshhh....don't tell anyone....its all a scam to keep the Californians out.

Comment

The handlebar pictures by '8trackmind' look a lot like those on my 1980 GS550E. Is this correct? I was thinking about some different bars but maybe what I have is best. Does anyone know if there is a difference?

Thanks,

Comment

Has anyone an opinion on a daytona handlebar ? My 750T has some huge buckhorns which make my wrists unhappy in a matter of miles. But I don't want to lay down on my bike either and I'm stubby kinda guy.

I want to get some daytona's I've seen with a 4" rise . my curent bars
                      have a 10" rise and about a 10" pullback and have me laying back a tad.

The superbike seem to low and away for my short reach.

What do you think ?

Comment

if you have bars like 8trackmind's then you already have superbike bars...

and anyone else there are different rises and pullbacks... A friend of mine threw European GP bars on his... they are no higher than the superbike bars but "rake back" another few inches...

The shop near my place sells bikemaster bars for 15 - 20$ a pop... I've bought a few superbike bars to replace bent and broken ones...

if you have a shop that will work with you a bit and has them in stock I say head over there with the bike and try a few out...

check out these to get an idea of the differences... random store online that sells different handlebar setups...

Comment

I just switched and I am so HAPPY with the switch. I went from low and forward to the Bikemaster Chrome LTD handlebars.

Pullback: 7.2" Rise: 4.8" Width: 30"

Comment

bars

Here are the bars I have for my 83GS750T. They are a superbike bar I got from a local dealer. They are much more comfortable than the drag bars I had on my bike. They have a 2" rise and a 5" pull back.

Comment

Working...
                            X