Good noise from a bike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good noise from a bike

I've done a search and found that some people have drilled small holes in their megaphone exhausts to get a louder sound. What people haven't said is if they think the sound is better or worse!

So, what have you done to make you bike sound louder and also BETTER. I don't want a buzzing sportbike type sound. I'd like a little guts and rumble. How can I pull that off and what have you done to get the rumble.

Thanks guys!

If you have the stock pipes LEAVE them alone Find a second set if you want to screw them up

Comment

I put a Vance and Hines 2 into 1 on my 1980 GS 750E and it made it do both...that is...more sound and guts.

As Lynn said....please do not drill holes in perfectly good stock pipes, they are hard to come by and they are designed for your bike to deliver the best performance. Selll them to someone and get the V and H if sound and guts are what you are after...oh by the way...you will also have to mess with the jetting if you do decide to butcher your stock pipes, or put the V and H pipe on.

Best of luck.

Scud

Comment

Go to your nearest HD shop and see if they have any Sportster tackoffs
        laying around....they'll usually just give them to you for free.

Comment

My 1100 sounded awesome when the muffler dropped off of it last year. Loud enough to make an HD guy cry!! The general consensus was that I had a Mac 4-1 header and pipe. I ended up finding a Supertrapp muffler on E-bay. While it's quiet so as not to tick off the neighbors, it does have a nice sound.

My 750 had a Kerker 4-1 meg. I liked that sound, but after riding on longer runs, it sounded like I had a wasp buzzing in my ears. (This is before I started wearing earplugs). I'm not sure how good the packing in it was, but it was a headturning sound that could be heard for a while before I showed up!

Brad tt

Comment

Working...
          X