workshop manuals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

workshop manuals

HI ALL, NEW TO THE SITE . DOES ANYONE KNOW OF ANY WEBSITES WHERE YOU CAN DOWNLOAD A WORKSHOP SERVICE MANUAL FOR A 1981 SUZUKI GS850GT . . PAUL HAYDON , CHEERS.

No, but there are plenty of sites where you can buy one. Clymer manuals are good, and if not available, Haynes should do.

Comment

Check Ebay for the factory manual. Clymer and Haynes are good, but all 3 together can make life alot easier.
      1981 GS 450L

2007 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom

The good we do no one remembers.
      The bad we do no one forgets.

Mark 5:36 -- Overhearing what they said, Jesus told him, "Don't be afraid; just believe".

Comment

I have both, a Clymer, and the factory Suzuki manual. If you plan on some in-depth repairs, absolutely purchase the factory manuall. The Clymer has only basic information and pics. The factory is also very informative as it not only explains repairs, it also explains detailed theory as to all the GS's different systems, and how they function. A perfect example is how the "anti-dive" unit functions on the "E" and "Katana" forks. The factory manuall has a whole page dedicated to its function, and an awesome cutaway view of the unit. The Clymer manuall has ZERO info of the anti-dive forks.

Comment

Like others, I would recommend trying to get a factory manual if you can. The Clymer manuals are decent, but they try to cram information for a range of variants and years into the same book. That's not always bad as many of us have multiple bikes.

For some of my bikes I have as many as 5 different manuals (factory, early & late clymer, haynes & chilton) - the reason is each provides some nuggets of information, or a different picture angle. If I have uncertainty on any repair, I read 2-3 of them to makes sure.

Also, do NOT assume manuals are correct - use some common sense in assessing there recommendations. For example, I have one manual that lists a torque setting incorrectly - for example: 72-96 ft / lbs rather than in / lbs - minor difference huh...

Comment

On the manuals!

I am new to this site & really love it! I to am wondering where I can get, even, a factory manual? I have a clymer & I don't really like it! I've never worked on a bike before but have a '69 roadrunner & have done everything there is to do on a car like that. But I always had a very good manual-(motor)! I attribute a clymer to a Haynes or even worse, a chilton! But any of them are better than nothing at all! Still, I think I would be a lot better off with a factory manual by Suzuki! It should be more along the way of the "Motor" is for cars! I have looked everywhere & can not find one for my '79 GS750L. To which I completely love!!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X