good or bad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good or bad

I know this is probably not the place to ask this but I will anyway.
    Has anyone out there had any problems out of "Tires Unlimited" I have been pricing tires and this place is 95% of the time cheeper than anyone eles, and you have to pay shipping.

example
    dunlop 404 on Dennis Kirk front and back for $145.00 (no shipping purchase over $100)
    same tires on Tires Unlimited $123.00 with shipping included.

Have you checked Ron Ayers? They are usually cheaper. Lost of GSR folks use them.

Not heard any good or bad about Tires Unlimited.

Comment

No problems with tires unlimited , all though only used once. They shipped them fast and where the best price.

Comment

Tire Express is good too, http://www.tireexpress.com/.

Comment

I've bought over a dozen tires from Tires Unlimited. No problems with them and fast service. I usually get my tires within three days of ordering them.
          I have to give them 4 stars. :-)

Earl
          Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

I loooooove TireUnlimited!

They are an actual, physical tire store in Dayton, Ohio that (gasp!) carries actual physical inventory of the products they sell! That's a shocking rarity these days.

Most of the time, they have what you need in stock and will ship it out the same day. I live in Indianapolis, and I got my tires the next day via standard UPS for a piffling $7 shipping.

Almost every other tire seller I've seen online does not actually stock what they sell. They simply order it for you, and I don't really see the point of that.

In fact, 99% of the moto-gear "stores" online are some schlub with a stack of catalogs in his Mom's basement. This only adds delay and uncertainty to the process, especially the really low rent guys who have to consolidate a certain volume of orders, have the orders shipped to them, then repackage and ship to their customers.

The web site ( http://tiresunlimited.com ) is an ugly mess, but it does give a good overview of what they have and their pricing. The best strategy is to use the site to figure out what you want, then call them during business hours.

An actual English-speaking human being will pick up the phone (shocking!). You can then ask the human questions and expect to receive answers. For example, the human will be able to tell you if your tires are actually in stock and when they will ship. It seems like a radical and old-fashioned way of doing business, but it works rather nicely. Don't be afraid.

If you need some oddball tire that's not on the site, give 'em a call and ask. It's worth keeping in mind that they may have better things to do than sit around updating the web site all day -- they probably have lots of tires that aren't listed on the web site, and the pricing might be off a little. In my case, the tire prices were inexplicably a few cents different when I called, but definitely nothing to stress over. I think they ended up less than a buck cheaper -- I didn't bother to quibble.

You can also pick up a set of tires for your helicopter (how do helicopter tires wear out?) or fork lift while you're at it. They seem to sell tires for everything except cars and bicycles.
            1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
            2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
            2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
            Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Working...
            X