Pilot jet circuit on cv carbs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pilot jet circuit on cv carbs!

Is there any way of knowing for sure that the pilot jet circuits are clean?

go to the home page and look under carb cleanup series.Its a very good step by step procdure on how to clean your carbs.You will probably find it there somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by tconroy
      go to the home page and look under carb cleanup series.Its a very good step by step procdure on how to clean your carbs.You will probably find it there somewhere.
      That tells you how to clean it.

My question is how do you know for sure that the passage ways are clean?

Comment

Blow carb cleaner through it, then compressed air. There are three openings in the body of the carb (more or less). When you blow through the pilot jet opening, you should feel/see air/carb cleaner coming out two places. I like to try and cover those two one at a time and blow each side of the circuit independently. I alternate around blowing through each orifice and ensuring that the other two come out clear. This is the hardest circuit to get cleaned up and by far the most likely to get stopped up, so you definitely want it done right!

Comment

I soaked my carbs one at a time in Berryman for 24 hours. Then i drop them from the cleaner into a bucket up hot water. Then I spray gumout in every hole(I even got Gumout in my eye and had to go to the eye doctor). Then I blow them dry with air from the air compressor. Then put them back together. I even took a small wire and stuck it in some of the little holes.

Comment

Originally posted by toymechanic.
            I soaked my carbs one at a time in Berryman for 24 hours. Then i drop them from the cleaner into a bucket up hot water. Then I spray gumout in every hole(I even got Gumout in my eye and had to go to the eye doctor). Then I blow them dry with air from the air compressor. Then put them back together. I even took a small wire and stuck it in some of the little holes.
            I did the same thing. I quickly learned to use safety goggles when spraying carb cleaner into any circuit.

Comment

Working...
            X