Head gasket gs650e

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Head gasket gs650e

There looks to be a bit of leakage from the head gasket on the front side of the engine. Question... If we pull the cylinders to replace the head gasket will that be alright? Or is it like opening a can of worms and you have to go deeper to cover other bases.

Were there any re-torqueing issues with these motors as it concerns the heads.

Thank you!

Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated. Is it reasonable on this bike (1982 gs650e) to only replace the head gasket without disrupting anything further down and end up with other leaks down the road?

Thank you!

Comment

You should have no problems just doing the top end, Remove the cylinders too & replace the base gasket. Change the valve seals while the head is off too
      BEFORE you tear it apart make sure the leak is not comming from the cam cover or the tach drive

Comment

I would be more concerned with the exhaust bolts, one of them is liable to break off when you remove it necessitating a repair on the threads. I have cam cover gaskets for the 16 bolt covers if your interested PM me,
        1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
        1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

Working...
        X