750L to 750T/ Dual discs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

750L to 750T/ Dual discs

My 750L has the dual front disc setup and the T has the single disc. I'd like to change that. I've got an extra pair of L wheels with brand new tires on them.

My question to you is whether or not the wheels and therefore the tires are interchangeable on the two models, and whether or not the only way to get dual discs on the T with the current equipment I have would be to put L front shocks on the T.

Thanks.

Mike

First look at the forks, are they already drilled for the calipers and mounts?

If yes, then it should be pretty straight forward to mount the second disc
    If not then you need to swap the fork tubes.
    Doesn't the L model use a "leading axle"?, in that the axle is not mounted at the bottom of the fork, but in front of the fork?
    If so, thsi could make it handle differently, and maybe not for the better.

Also will the master cylinder, for the brake fluid handle a second disc?
    It will need to hold enough fluid for the extra line, let alone taking the extra pressure.

I'm sure someone will chime in and tell me I'm way off base.....
    Keith
    -------------------------------------------
    1980 GS1000S, blue and white
    2015Triumph Trophy SE

Ever notice you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office?

Comment

Originally posted by KGB
      First look at the forks, are they already drilled for the calipers and mounts?

If yes, then it should be pretty straight forward to mount the second disc
      If not then you need to swap the fork tubes.
      Doesn't the L model use a "leading axle"?, in that the axle is not mounted at the bottom of the fork, but in front of the fork?
      If so, thsi could make it handle differently, and maybe not for the better.

Also will the master cylinder, for the brake fluid handle a second disc?
      It will need to hold enough fluid for the extra line, let alone taking the extra pressure.

I'm sure someone will chime in and tell me I'm way off base.....
      Yeah, the L and the T fork tubes are different. The T is not drilled for the dual discs and the L does have the leading axle. I don't want to put those on the T if I don't have to, but would like the dual discs.

What if I got a hold of some forks from an S or E? Would that match up with the calipers and mounts from the L or am I dreaming?

Comment

Those should mate right up.

Now the next question, if you did this will you rebuild the forks?
        If you add braking, what about the springs/oil in the forks?

One thing leads to another.........or more $$$
        Keith
        -------------------------------------------
        1980 GS1000S, blue and white
        2015Triumph Trophy SE

Ever notice you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office?

Comment

Originally posted by KGB
          Those should mate right up.

Now the next question, if you did this will you rebuild the forks?
          If you add braking, what about the springs/oil in the forks?

One thing leads to another.........or more $$$
          Yeah, I would. I'm quite reluctant to half-a$$ it with something as important as a bike I'm going to be riding, you know?

Just to be clear, you were saying that there should be no problem with the L calipers mating up to the E or S forks, right?

Comment

dual calipers

mount ups,sizes,yes this is all important,but can be varied,what is often overlooked is fluid resivoir,they must match single or dual or anti dive set ups,be careful and stay out from under the bus,do it right.

Comment

Working...
            X