rear wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rear wheel

I disassemble the rear wheel for cleaning. When I looked at the diagram it looked easy enough. Now it's back together with two extra big washers and too much shaft for the nut. If that makes any sense. The diagram doesn't show them. They look like someone just added them, but I still have the problem of the nut reaching the end of the shaft before it tightens on the frame.

I assume that your problem is not with a '57 Chevy and we are supposed to remember what type of bike you have?

Go to http://www.alamocycleplex.com/fiche_...1981&fveh=2135, select "Rear Wheel" and see if it helps.

Comment

sorry about that. I totally disassembled the bike (first time). And have become quit testy. 81 gs750l mag rim.

Comment

I knew what bike you had because I checked your prior posts.

Did the parts diagram for your bike from the link supplied (use the "Rear Wheel" selection) help?

Comment

put the washers in to space the wheel properly, they are used to align the rear and front sprockets. play with them until both sprockets are on the same plane. and the chain wont rub on the tire or the tire on the swingarm.
          also, make sure your sprocket is on the left side, lol.

Comment

57Chevy, hope you were able to fix your problem
            Boondocks, Thank you for the website, that is awesome

Comment

Working...
            X