Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

switching rear wheels

Dear Knowledgeable Individuals:

I have an extra 16' rim from a GS750L and I want to put on an 80' GS1100e. Will this switch cause any problems. I figure I can mount the sprocket and brake disc from the 17' rim (from the 1100) onto the 16'.

Am I screwing anything up with this switch? Also, what are the chances that the starter motors from the GS750 and the GS1100 are the same.

Much thanks from the Mountains: David

I believe the starter motors will switch OK, but you can compare part numbers for each bike on-line at Bikebandit.com

Changing to a 16 inch wheel will not likely make a significant difference in the handling, but you should be aware that there is no set answer, as the handling characteristics will be affected by the weight of the rider(s).

The difference is only a half inch, but lowering can affect the front end, and, generally speaking, it is usually a good idea to make a similar change up there, which you may be able to do by adjusting the fork positions.
    Bertrand Russell: 'Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.'

Comment

There's not much to benefit in going from a 17" to a 16" wheel. Smaller choice of tyres too.

Comment

Thanks Fellas, that does help.

Comment

Working...
        X