Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help! I had to drill out a Carb air screw!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help! I had to drill out a Carb air screw!

Hi everyone.
    I bought a set of 1981 GS550 CV Carbs to learn to rebuild before I take the working carbs off my bike. These carbs were TRASHED, but I managed to get them all apart and clean them with the instructions in the GSR Garage. Everything went okay until I stripped an airscrew. I drilled into it and managed to get it out with an extractor, now it needs to be replaced.

Does anyone here happen to have an extra airscrew laying around that they want to sell, or know where I can get one?

BikeBandit doesn't list them on the fiche!

I really want to clean these suckers up and re-sell them now that I know what it takes to rebuild my own carbs, or maybe keep them for a spare set.
    Please Help!
    -Dean

www.motorcyclecarbs.com or
    www.sudco.com or a repair kit
    $18-20

Comment

air screw

Try Z1 enterprises for most carbs bits

Comment

Originally posted by ddaum
        Hi everyone.
        I bought a set of 1981 GS550 CV Carbs to learn to rebuild before I take the working carbs off my bike. These carbs were TRASHED, but I managed to get them all apart and clean them with the instructions in the GSR Garage. Everything went okay until I stripped an airscrew. I drilled into it and managed to get it out with an extractor, now it needs to be replaced.

Does anyone here happen to have an extra airscrew laying around that they want to sell, or know where I can get one?

BikeBandit doesn't list them on the fiche!

I really want to clean these suckers up and re-sell them now that I know what it takes to rebuild my own carbs, or maybe keep them for a spare set.
        Please Help!
        -Dean
        I have severall extra air screws. Post up a pic of yours, and measure the length. I might have one that will fit.

Comment

Suzuki does still offer them at the dealerships. I had a similar problem last year on my own rebuild. Jethro from here was kind enough to send one out to me, but after nearly a month it never showed. So, I went ahead and had the dealership order it. If I remember right the price on my 1100 ran ~$35, and it included the spring. But before I took it, Jethro sent another one (with the spring and washers) and I had it in a couple days. Take up the offer from Road Clam if you can, and send him a prepaid gas card. It's what I did for Jethro.:-D

Brad tt

Comment

Originally posted by Road_Clam
            I have severall extra air screws. Post up a pic of yours, and measure the length. I might have one that will fit.
            MUCH appreciated! I will have a picture and measurements posted in a few hours. Thanks so much!

Originally posted by bradleymaynar
            Take up the offer from Road Clam if you can, and send him a prepaid gas card. It's what I did for Jethro.
            Good idea! Is that cool with you Road Clam, or would you like some cash for it? PM me and let me know! Thanks again!

Comment

Road Clam,
              Sorry, I forgot to measure the screw for you and my bike is stored a few miles from my house. Here are some pictures that I took. Let me know if you still need the measurements and I'll get them for you tomorrow.

1980 GS550L BS32 CV Carbs

Comment

Originally posted by ddaum
                MUCH appreciated! I will have a picture and measurements posted in a few hours. Thanks so much!

Good idea! Is that cool with you Road Clam, or would you like some cash for it? PM me and let me know! Thanks again!
                No charge for the screws for a fellow GSR'er. I have Paypall, if you could throw me a few bucks just to cover shipping from NH, that would be fine. Don't tell anyone of my niceness. I can't have people thinking i'm nice. Give me your address, I will send you a few different screws.
                Last edited by Guest; 02-02-2006, 11:03 AM.

Comment

PM sent, thanks Road Clam
                  Oh, I don't think you are nice either..... ;P

Comment

Working...
                  X