83 exhaust swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

83 exhaust swap

I am looking at a Vance & Hines 4 into 1 to replace my "doctored up" Supertrapp unit, that was not made for my 83 GS 750E. See picture (hopefully) attached. The V&H unit is from an 83 GS 1100. Any ideas if this will fit properly? Thanks.

Won't fit, in '83 the 750 got smaller exhaust ports. Up to that point the 1100 pipes would fit the 750s.

Comment

There was a guy selling Supertrapps for the '83 750E on ebay. I bought both can and header from different ebayers. Nice set up.

Comment

Normally i would agree, however, I'm not sure the pipe on my 83 GS750ED is actually for that bike. The end of the can sits below the swingarm, and barely extends past the passengers footpeg...

Comment

Oil-cooled GSXR750/1100 pipes will fit, but may hang a little too low under the bike.

-Q!

Comment

Thank you Grasshopper (I bet you've never heard that one before). I guess a GSX-R 750 pipe would be better than a 1000?
            I appreciate the help!

Comment

Thank you Grasshopper (I bet you've never heard that one before). I guess a GSX-R 750 pipe would be a better fit than a 1000?
              I appreciate the help!

Comment

You got 270 bucks?? Then just get a V+H pipe specifically made for the 83 750's from these guys....

Comment

Thanks Chad. I actually looked here, and the ony thing they listed for my model was a chrome 4 into 1 megaphone. Not what I'm looking for.

Comment

I use a Yosh stainless Duplex with a carbon RS3 can intended for an early '90s GSXR. Exits high with rearsets located to clear the midpipe.

Comment

Thanks Billy. Any way you could send me a picture of that set-up? If easier, send to my e-mail ian@weratools.com. Thanks.

Comment

How's this?
                        Last edited by Guest; 01-31-2006, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Very nice !!! Now you are inspiring me... The pipe looks great, but does it remove the passenger pegs?

Comment

I can't tell you if the way my pipe is would clear the stock peg arrangement or not. I had already ditched the stock pegs for GSXR rearsets. The midpipe could probably be rebent to clear the stock pegs.

Comment

Working...
                            X