Model identification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Model identification

Now I'm starting to get confused... I purchased (what I thought was) a 1983 GS 750E. This bike has a chin fairing on it, and I can't find this on any of the sites I have visited. It looks to me like the bike should be equipped with a half-fairing, and possibly the previous owner stripped it off, and replaced it with a smaller one from a 550???
    Any ideas?

well the 83 gs750 came in a gs750e and a gs750es. the "e" had a small front fairing that stayed on the forks and turned with it. the "es" had a larger fairing that i think stayed on the bike and the forks turned inside of it.

you have just a gs750e, and should just have the small fairing.

Comment

Originally posted by Unclesol
      Now I'm starting to get confused... I purchased (what I thought was) a 1983 GS 750E. This bike has a chin fairing on it, and I can't find this on any of the sites I have visited. It looks to me like the bike should be equipped with a half-fairing, and possibly the previous owner stripped it off, and replaced it with a smaller one from a 550???
      Any ideas?
      Does yours look like this 1983 GSX 750E-III? This was probably the equivalent of the US version 1983 GS 750ED. The GS model designation in the US was GSX in Europe and other parts of the world.

Comment

You're both right. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X