Bar changes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bar changes?

I am not crazy about the narrow width of the stock bars on my 83 GS750ED, and was wondering if anyone can suggest what model of triple clamps I would have to use to be able to switch the bars to something lower and wider? Or are there OEM units that might do this? Thanks.

though I can't seem to find a picture of an ED I see and ES and note they are the sake difference as the GS550ED and GS550ES models.. the ES models are "bent in" more giving yout a narrower sportier stance... The ED models are a bit flatter but the length of the tubes coming off the stalks are the same... If you could get a hold of a set of ED stalks and cut yourself some length of tubes that fits the size you want it'll work....

The stalks them selves are held on by a "keyed" nub and a large hex bolt.. if you want to get away from those altogether you'l need to fab risers to your existing triple or find a top triple with riser that will work... Finding bars after that is the easy part...

Comment

There are a couple of things you can do, get clipons for 37mm tubes or remove the stock bars and thread some handlebar clamps into the stock triple and use a Daytona or Superbike bend tubular bar. The clamps will thread right into the holes your old bars bolted into. An arrangement like this would work.

Comment

You're the man! Now I just have to check the size of the bolt holes holding the exisiting keyed nub in place, and find a set of clamps that have a stalk that will fit there.
        Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
        X