Front tire replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front tire replacement

Ok folks, I have a 1980 GS550E and the original front tire size is 3.50x19. I had the local Suzuki dealer order new Kenda's and wouldn't you know he ordered 110x90x19 instead of the 100x90x19 that is the correct size according to the conversion chart. The back tire crosses to a 110 and I think they got confused.

The tire fits but barely clears the fender and mean barely! Will this cause problems with clearing water? How about handling?

Should I just bite the bullet and wait another week while he gets the correct size?

the same thing happened to me but mine wouldnt clear the fender so I waited.It might be worth the wait and also handle better with the original size tire.Let someone else who knows more about tires post on this one before you decide.

Comment

You should get the correct size, You can use the 110. It will make the bike turn slower. I have a 110 on my 850. I slid the fork tubes down as far as the would go 1/2" Makes up for the tire size difference

Comment

Wait for the right tire size. Don't let the dealer's mistake stick you with an oversize tire installation that shouldn't have happened.

Let them fix their own mistakes, instead of you adapting to it.

Comment

"I have a 110 on my 850. I slid the fork tubes down as far as the would go 1/2" Makes up for the tire size difference"

The forks on the 550 can't be moved down any further.

I think I'll wait and get the right tire. I know it'll make me feel better if nothing else. I just hate to miss a weekend riding!

Comment

Don't play around with tires. If something hits the front fender and the tire gets jammed your in for it.
            1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
            1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

Working...
            X