K&N Replacement Air Filter...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K&N Replacement Air Filter...

Picked up a used one (good condition) cheap on ebay. Whats the best way to clean this re-useable filter? Also someone please confirm that these require oiling prior to use? It was sold as a K&N , but I find no logo or identifying mark on the item.....anyone else using this? Thanks!

Tony.
    '82 GS1100E

Originally posted by themess
    Only in your own mind did you refute what I wrote.

Factory direct K&N replacement air filters, air intakes, oil filters & cabin filters. KNFilters.com - the official site for performance filtration products.

will show you picture and specs for K & N air filter for the 1982 gs 1100 E

If that is what you have, I'd probably spring for the K & N air filter cleaner/re-oiler kit, I get mine at NAPA something like ten bucks. Competing brands probably do as good, but I haven't seen any competing brands at the store I go to. P.S. The air filter "oil" for this is definitely different stuff than goes other places on your bike, stick with oil specially for doing air filters.

--Richard
    1980 gs 550 L

Comment

Thanks...it looks like the same thing...I'll get the oiling kit....it probably has instructions for the washing etc....I'm thinking kerosene or similar + compressed air. Good info...thanks!

Tony.
      '82 GS1100E

Originally posted by themess
      Only in your own mind did you refute what I wrote.

Comment

Originally posted by Mysuzyq
        Thanks...it looks like the same thing...I'll get the oiling kit....it probably has instructions for the washing etc....I'm thinking kerosene or similar + compressed air. Good info...thanks!

Tony.
        Use the K&N kit. With the cleaner you just spray on, let sit, and rinse out. Let it air dry. Re-oil and your done. The cleaner works great. P.S. A little oil goes a long way.
        85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
        79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

Working...
        X