79 gs1000 cam chain ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

79 gs1000 cam chain ?

i'm thinking about replacing my cam chain, what do i need 420? how many links? any recomended brands, sites that sell the chains?

-ryan
    78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
    82 Kat 1000 Project
    05 CRF450x
    10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

anyone? anyone? Buler?
    82 Kat 1000 Project
    05 CRF450x

Comment

Try Z1 Enterprises - I've bought a few different things from them. Prices are decent. Looks like they have the cam chain you need

http://www.z1enterprises.com/detail.aspx?ID=1719 $23

Comment

been doing some searchin, thanks for the z1 tip, well i found out the chain i need is a 120 link. i heard tsubkai is the best brand and the part number for the chain i need is BF05MU120. my question now is, it is listed as a endless chain. So does that mean it is broken and i need to pean it together or it is alreadyed link and in a big loop and i would have to pull my crank in order to change it? if so can i get a 122 link chan cut it and then pean it back together.?

-ryan
        82 Kat 1000 Project
        05 CRF450x

Comment

All you would have to do is remove a link, like taking a master link out. Then replace it with a master link or Rivit link after you install the chain

Comment

The chain you mention is an excellent heavy-duty cam chain - unfortunately, I do not think you can get a master link for it - we've not been able to find one anyway...

Most cam chain is sold is continuous. In the case of the 219H type cam chain (this is the standard duty chain that's the same as the stock chain in your bike) it's a fairly easy task to split both the existing chain and the new one, pull the new chain through with the old chain, then insert a master link and rivet it in place.

There are some tools that make it easy, although you can do this with a dremel, a couple of good punches and a heavy steel block.

Comment

C'mon Ryan!!! I wanna see you on a big bore this year! If you can make the Buell's and 'busas cry in the corners with the 550, I can only imagine how depressed they'd be with you on the 1K!:-D

Brad tt

Comment

Working...
              X