Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to order bearings form a bearing house?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shortlid
    I am calling two bearing hosues near me what should I ask for 15X42X13 or 6302-2RS??
    Either. Or whatever the guy on the other end of the phone asks for -- probably the latter number.

Check with local independent cycle shoppes -- most carry a selection of bearings in stock, and that size is as common as pig tracks.
    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Cool I just got a pair of regular 6302-2RS sealed bearing made in Japan by NTN from Granger for $8!! I just hope they are the right size for my "80 GS850G!

Comment

I agree with bwringer - just get the kit from All Balls. I just went through the whole business of sizing out the bearings, going down to the local bearing house, etc., etc. i found a set of All Balls steering head bearings that will fit my bike, (a GS400, but the bearing set is for a GS550 - the manufacturer references the same kit number for both bikes) for $7.00 on EBay, $13.00 with shipping and I know they are good quality bearings & will fit. The kit also comes with replacement 'seals'.

Even the list price (~25-39) is a decent deal when you factor in all the time I spent dicking around for an alternative.

Comment

Working...
        X