Intake O rings 750

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intake O rings 750

I'm getting ready to work on my friend's 77 GS750G. I need to know if the intake o-rings are the same on all GS models. I can't find it on the micro fiche. Do they even have o-rings or intake boots? I haven't looked at his bike in any detail lately, so I'm not sure. I know that my 81 850 has the following part #: 09280-38004. Thanks guys.

I'm not sure, but I don't believe there's a "G" model 750. The "G" usually denotes a shaft drive. As far as the O-rings are concerned, unless you're referring to the clamps on the outside, the O-rings are typically part of the intake boots. If I'm wrong I'm sure I'll be corrected.

Brad tt

Comment

I believe you are correct on the "G" issue. If you remove the intake boots from the head on my 850, there is an o-ring that provides an airtight seal. Or rather, is supposed to provide said seal. That is the part I'm curious about.

Comment

I found the o-rings on the fliche at http://www.crotchrocket.com look up the year and model and look at the fliche for the air cleaner. You will see the intake tubes and yes they do have an o-ring there. Not real sure if they are the same size as the other GS's but they definatly have them.

Comment

Thanks! I didn't even think of looking at the air box fiche. On my 850, it's found with the head.

Comment

Working...
          X