Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what headers fit more than one GS model?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what headers fit more than one GS model?

for example I have a 76 GS 750 so would a set of headers from an 850 1000 etc fit the head ?? not too concerned about the rear mounting points but the diameter and spacing of the header to head dimensions

Well, I'm not an expert on headers, however I think most headers for an early model 2 valve engine probably will fit other early 2 valve engines. My limited experience is confined to a Jardine 4 into 1 which claimed to fit many different GS models. Mine came with several brackets, none of which matched exactly, but cutting and redrilling allowed me to mate it securely. good luck, Ray
    "Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded" -Yogi Berra
    GS Valve Shim Club http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=122394
    1978 GS1000EC Back home with DJ
    1979 GS1000SN The new hope
    1986 VFR700F2 Recycled

Comment

the header for a 76 750 will interchange with those for all 750's, at least up to 82 with the second generation (1st 16 valve engine) not sure about the engine use on the 83 and up E and ES.

it will also interchange with all 1000's and 1100's, some adjusting may be needed as the port spacing between #2 and #3 cylinders is differant on the 16 valve 1100 but the differance is only about a 1/4 inch and it is pretty easy to bend them.
      the key differances is in the mounts for the mufflers and the spacing of the mufflers.the head pipes for the 750 up to 1100 are pretty much all the same.
      I have a 4-1 system on my 1000G that was listed as fitting all 750, 1000 and 1100 to 1983
      my 1000G is a half inch wider than a chain drive bike so I had to make a minor adjustment so the muffler would fit.

Comment

thanks for the pointers

yeah!! that tells me a lot more than I knew before thanks again !

Comment

Working...
        X