Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jetting with pipe and pods

Hi all,

My 83 GS1100 ESD has a 4-1 yosh pipe, and i'm probably going to be adding pods. My question is on jetting.

First, should i jet with this pipe (it came with it)

Second, what would a recommendation for jetting be when going with the pipe and pods.

Thanks all

If the pipe's in good shape, keep it. Yosh is a good pipe.
    Do yourself a favor and buy K&N pods only. Then buy a Dynojet or K&N stage 3 jet kit. Both these jet kits are designed for use with K&N pods, not Emgo's, etc.
    Read all kit info before doing any work. Then ask us again for initial jetting suggestions. The "base settings" that come with jet kits is very often too lean for whatever reason.
    Mant of us have models with similar mod's to narrow down the jetting choices and get you set up sooner.
    Test each jetting circuit, get plug reads and let us know what happens.
    And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
    Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Oh, and before re-jetting, be sure the valve clearances, ignition timing, spark quality are good. Be sure carbs are clean and vacuum synched.
      Without doing these basic checks, your re-jet will be more difficult and you'll get poor results.
      And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
      Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Thanks for the info Keith.

Comment

Working...
        X