Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clutch Kits

Hi all,

i'm looking to put in a new clutch this winter, as mine (with 67000kms on it) started to slip under full throttle last season.

I can get a full barnett clutch kit for $135 , and am wondering whether I should go for it. Do I need the springs? I've heard that they are pretty stiff to use...

any info/tips would be greatly appreciated.

POOT

I've always heard that you should do the springs when you do the clutch. Iv've always done both. Last time I got a clutch it was an EBC and total with springs was less than $100. It does hang a little after it cools down. Got to rock it a coulpe of times to break it loose.

I understand the Barnett is a top end clutch and you won't find any better. I had one eons ago in a 75 CB360 and remember it had a bad tendance to hang when it cooled but it would really grab. If you ride hard I'd say go with the Barnett.

Comment

$100 with springs.

I can't attest to the quality of performance because I have about 1.5 miles on the kit, but the price is right, and they know alot about GS motors. I went for the extra plate set.

Big Jay is the owner, and he's on this forum all the time.

-KM

Comment

Oh, sorry, those are only for the 1000-1150 bikes.
        I don't know what bike you need them for.

-Kevin

Comment

Working...
        X