Do I Have To Re-Synch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do I Have To Re-Synch?

Getting ready to clean and re-build my carbs. I have noted the airscrew position of each carb from the seated position.

1.) If I don't mess with the synch adjusters in the picture below while I dip, will I still have to re-synch?
    Last edited by Guest; 02-06-2006, 03:29 PM.

ddaum,
    If you have the carbs off the bike, you already need to re-sync them.

if you dip the carbs, you definitely will.

When you see how little change it takes to affect the sync you will understand. When you sync the carbs, 1/12th of a turn makes a difference.
    Just by pulling the carbs out of the bike, you might inadvertently micro-adjust that linkage. By dismounting them from the rails, you will change their alignment for sure.

I am going through this right now. It’s the 5-20th time I’ve needed a sync tool, so I might just spend the $40 to buy one. I even tried to make one out of tubing and tranny oil. It only balances 2 at a time, but I couldn’t get it perfect.

This last time, I found a thread on here describing how to use a wire wrap from a loaf of bread to get the butterfly valves in the ballpark of each other. Then you have to have some proper tools.

-Kevin

Comment

Ditto the above post. Gotta do it.

Comment

Originally posted by outofcontrol
        This last time, I found a thread on here describing how to use a wire wrap from a loaf of bread to get the butterfly valves in the ballpark of each other. Then you have to have some proper tools.
        Thanks for the advice. I had no idea how to bench sync, but I found that article you were talking about with the bread twist tie. So I'm going to bench sync after rebuild and order a vacuum sync tool.

Comment

Working...
        X