Vacuum Line: Where to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vacuum Line: Where to?

82 GS850G. There appears to be a vacuum line connector located on top of the crank case just behind the starter motor cover. Where does that line connect to, and what is is purpose? My Clymer manual shows the line in one picture that I found but does not show where it goes.
    sebring38

If it is the one I'm thinking of it is a vent for the 2th gear case, small hose goes into the starter cavity
    Last edited by Guest; 02-06-2006, 06:14 PM.

Comment

It's a vent line. It goes into the starter cavity via the slot at the right front, then into the drain hole at the bottom of the starter cavity.

Here's a crappy shot of the drain hole on a GS850 engine. There's a piece of blue hose stuck in the hole so you can see it:

I took these pictures when we were trying to figure out what the heck that hole was for a while back. It leads to an empty chamber, then drains to the outside via another hole at the bottom of the chamber:

Now you know why you can ride in the rain without filling up the starter cavity with water.
      Last edited by bwringer; 02-06-2006, 07:13 PM.
      1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
      2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
      2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
      Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Thanks. Those are great pictures and solves the mystery.
        Regards!
        sebring38

Comment

Working...
        X